Menu

Friday, July 17, 2015

Meet Lydia


MEET Lydia

                                            


My name is Lydia and I live in 1943. I'm Japanese-American. My best friend is Eleanor Lowell, we go to school together, to tap dance class, and the Girl Scouts! I live near an airfield, where planes are always leaving to join the war. We have rationing too, but other than that we don't really notice the war here. I heard Mother and Daddy talking  the other night about something called internment. I guess President Rosevelt thinks there might be Japanese spies in the United States. I'm not worried, we're Americans just like our friends are. I love my country. Eleanor and I will be performing in the Victory show soon in town. Our tap dance class is dancing to the Star-Spangled Banner.
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment